Pig Apprentice Scheme
At JSR we realise the importance of developing young people to ensure we have skilled stock people to work with our animals. We aim to encourage and help you develop a career so that we can improve your skills and knowledge with the ultimate aim of becoming future Pig Unit Managers.
The JSR Pig Apprenticeship Scheme is aimed at school leavers, FdSc Agriculture graduates and any young person wishing to have a career in the pig industry.
We will put you through a structured two year programme where you will learn basic skills using the PPT Training System to enable you to work towards Level 2 Certificates of Competence in the following areas:
- Pig Stockmanship and Welfare
- Indoor Farrowing Operations
- Pig Breeding
- Establishing the Weaner
- The Care of the Growing Pig
- The Safe Use of Veterinary Medicines
During the scheme you will also be trained in the following:
- Basic First Aid
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Skid Steer Loader and/or Telescopic Forklift
An Apprenticeship can offer many benefits, a number of which are listed below:
- Earning a salary
- Training in the skills employers want
- Excellent progression opportunities Increased future earning potential
By working alongside skilled employees you will learn quickly by gaining hands on experience in all areas.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and well respected Company.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org