Meat Science Analyst (part-time) Maternity Cover
The JSR Farming Group is a progressive family owned Farming and International Pig Breeding business based at Southburn, near Driffield in East Yorkshire. We are looking to recruit a part-time temporary Meat Science Analyst to work with our established team based at Southburn. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an excellent attention to detail, a positive attitude, exceptional statistical knowledge and the ability to organise priorities in order to meet deadlines. The role will involve day-to-day management of the JSR Food Quality Centre Laboratory, analysing and interpreting data generated by the JSR Food Quality Centre and assistance with data collection. Time will be spent both on-farm and in abattoirs. The successful applicant will contribute fully to the activities and responsibilities of the Meat Science team. A good working knowledge of statistical software such as GenStat or R, as well as spreadsheets is important in order to analyse information to industry standards. Project management experience is essential. An awareness of breeding programmes and a knowledge of the pig production business and meat sector is desirable but not essential, as full training will be given. The position offers a competitive salary, contributory company pension scheme and a Company Health Scheme. A full driving license is essential.
Key Objective: Assist Director of Meat Science with day to day operations of JSR Food Quality Centre.
· Assist and support the Director of Meat Science as appropriate
· Management of day to day running of JSR Food Quality Centre Laboratory
· Analysis and interpretation of data generated by JSR Food Quality Centre
· Assist with collection and scientific analysis of data
· Contribute fully in the activities and responsibilities of the Meat Science team
· Promoting and practicing the JSR Core Values
· Produce statistically sound data to be used for publications, advertisement and promotions
· Presentation of JSR science and technology to internal and external customers
· Instigation of JSR science and technology into customer businesses
· Identify customer science and technology requirements to instigate invention pull
· Data collection, collation and analysis of all JSR products in customer businesses
· Collation of JSR trial data to inform decision making in both internal and external businesses
· Horizon scanning and evaluation of suitable research technologies for their ability to be commercialised through the JSR business
· Deputising for the Director of Meat Science
· Enforce health and safety procedures at all times
Hours - 30 hours Mon to Thurs plus occasional additional hours required by the role.
Holidays - 18.5 days per year (plus any Bank Holidays that fall on your normal working day)
Other Benefits - Health Shield membership, Company Contributory pension scheme
Closing Date - Friday 29th September 2017
Proposed Start Date - Monday 30th October 2017